Traditionally, Mac is not known that much for its gaming capacity. Many high-graphic games are only released for systems like Windows, Play Station, and Xbox as well. However, apart from this, a range of people willing to take their hands at Android-based content is also present. If you are an Apple-rounded person or just wanting to stream Android apps onto a big screen, using our instructions will be an option to run them on Mac. Moreover, when it comes to convenience, playing smartphone games on PCs is way easier because you can involve both mouse and keyboard at the same time. Although it might be unfair when playing online games, this is one of the treats that is hard to ignore. All the steps applied to Mac are also viable for Windows systems, so this guide can be considered versatile for all users.
1. Use BlueStacks technology
The first proposition coming to mind is using so-called emulators that help you stream the environment of Android apps and games onto your PC. It is a very useful, yet new technology that keeps upgrading all the time to eliminate bugs and instabilities bothering users’ experience. Based on many opinions, you can spot both positive and negative sides like complaints about system crashes and other things encountered over the usage. Luckily, a string of obtrusive problems used to be a thing in previous years. Now, it is undoubtedly a decent and legitimate way to run Android apps on Mac devices. Before Android apps are ready to be launched on Mac, it is necessary to spend some time tinkering around the installation. Try out this option and experience Android gaming just at the tips of your fingers using the steps down below:
- At first, you have to download a BlueStacks version for Mac from the official website.
- Once you download the installer, double-click on it to initiate.
- When the installation window is open, double-click on the BlueStacks icon again.
- You may encounter a security message from Mac itself. Simply choose Open and click Install Now.
- You will also be asked to enter your user name and password. Do it and click Install Helper.
- After the process gets to a close, your system might come up with a message blocking Bluestacks activity.
- To allow it, choose Open Security & Privacy.
- Then, in the general settings, click Allow at the bottom.
- If you are using macOS 10.15 Catalina or lower, wait until the installation is finished and start enjoying Android apps.v
- However, if the operating system is macOS 11 Big Sur, there will be another window asking to reboot your device. Click Restart.
- In case BlueStacks says it interrupted the restart, click Cancel and close BlueStacks.
- Then go to General settings in Security & Privacy and choose Restart to get things done.
Finally, your dream is very close to being real. The only thing left is to open BlueStacks and install an application you need from the App Center. Then, all of your apps will be listed and ready to play in the My Apps tab. Developers have already rolled out the 4th version of BlueStacks that includes lots of new fixes and improvements. You can also connect your Google Play Store account and Samsung Galaxy Store to launch paid applications and games. In case you deal with additional issues popping along the way, the support team always posts new topics with solutions to them.
2. Use NoxPlayer
Who said alternatives are bad? NoxPlayer is another free Android emulator available on both Mac and Windows. Just like BlueStacks, it does support all applications from Google Play Store and allows users to run them on Mac and Windows systems. Easy access and many features alleviating the play are pretty the same compared to BlueStacks. Both programs are providing great solutions for people willing to run Android content on PCs. The process looks exactly the same and consists of steps similar to what we listed above. Although such technologies are far from ideal and cannot replace native platforms completely, there is huge room for the development of this field. The market of games on Android is always taking the charts and growing in demand to play from various platforms.
There you have it. A barrage of applications that were impossible to experience on Mac systems has become a real thing nowadays. A couple of clicks and you are into the game playing with friends. The world has progressed and enabled people to get beyond the previously-existing limits. You do not need to buy an Android smartphone to play exclusive games unless you are unaware of such tricks mentioned today. If you already hopped into the usage right from the start of the article, you might not be reading these final words. Either way, we hope our guide has helped you reach the Android world on your PC.